02 November 2010

A closet blogger

I used to be a "closet blogger"!  Not on purpose, it just happened that way.  I started this blog just to get my thoughts down and maybe get some new ideas.  I didn't tell hubby I was doing it, didn't seem important to.  I didn't tell him later because having someone that I know read my writing felt embarrassing.   Never mind the fact that he already knows about everything I write about, and totally supports me in all my crazy projects.  Then, I felt a little silly for not telling him, but it seemed strange to say, "I started a blog a few months ago."  Would he ask why didn't I tell him sooner?  Would he be upset that I kept something from him?  I know, I'm a dork, but I felt dumb telling him.

I'm happy to announce that I am no longer in the closet - so to speak.  I told him all about it, and of course he said, "Okay."  And then, "That's nothing to be embarrassed about."

And that's my husband.  He has learned to not be surprised at my silly little quirks, and my making simple things completely complicated.  I love him.

And now, ironically, I'm so excited to have him read my blog and give me feedback, because I realize that his input and support makes me a better person all around. 

I know, I'm a dork.  Just be glad that you don't have to live with me.

2 comments:

  1. My DH knows I have a blog, he seems to care less. I will have him look at the cute pictures of mine or someone's blog and he's just looks and walks off, seldom a comment.

    He does get a kick out of Tracey's jokes though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes forget that my husband reads mine! Glad you're "out"!

    ReplyDelete