Friday night, we had the great idea to carve pumpkins with the kids, which actually means that the kids pick out crazy designs and then the parents stay up late working on them because I'm not giving my kids any sharp objects to cut with. The kids got the pumpkins that we grew in the garden, but we bought a bigger one for us big kids. Hubby decided to use the dremel tool. He finished the princess and the ghost so we could finally get the kids to bed and then worked on mine. He kept saying it was mine, but I never got to touch it. Here's the finished product:
As I waited for him, and since I had already washed all the seeds, I was perusing all the tabs here on blogger, and I discovered the stats tab. Somehow, someone got here from a Russian website. I can't understand the website, but judging from the pictures, it's a building design site. I can't figure that one out. It was interesting and fun to see all the different countries that have visited my little blog.
After I picked out some seeds to save, we roasted the rest to eat. It actually took three days to get the finished product. I washed them that first night, then Saturday, I mixed in some olive oil and seasoned salt, but we had a full day of activities, so I didn't get the chance to actually roast them. Finally, yesterday, I roasted them in the oven. 325 for 25 minutes, stirring them up sometime in the middle. The kids loved them.
They are already gone.