17 September 2010

An award!

Ha! Got that image on here on my third try! I'm fairly new to the blogging world, and I really don't know what I'm doing. I can barely remember to title my posts, let alone figure this out, but I'll do my best. And maybe someone can explain the whole award thing to me?

Sharon, over at Life with Jack and Jill, awarded this to me.

I am supposed to say why I blog, how I choose what to write about, and then pass the award on. Simple enough. Let's see if I can mess it up...

WHY: I found as I searched the web for specific things that many times I found great answers and better ideas from blogs. From gardening, to cooking to building, someone has tried it and has advice. It is fun to get a peek into others experiences and then maybe build on those. I have lots of projects in the air and I love trying new things, so I started blogging to kind of journal my experiences and maybe help someone else along. I also love the feeling of meeting people that have similar interests. It's nice to know I'm not the only weirdo out there. :)

HOW: I'm not sure I've found my writing style yet. Sometimes ideas just flow and sometimes, I have nothing to write about except my daughter being sick during the night. Many times during the day, I think, "I should write that on my blog" but I don't have time right then and I forget. So what makes it on my blog is sometimes something that's been on my mind for a while that needs to come out and sometimes it's just silly little things.

Now, to pass it on. I think I'll hand it to Kelly from Some-things Cookin'. She and I seem to be on the same path and I really enjoy reading about her journey. She has also been so nice and supportive and has led me to almost all of my favorite blogs.

So there we have it. Now what?

2 comments:

  1. You did it! Congratulations!!!!! Now, to put it on your blog page, it's go to design, go to page elements, on the side bar is a new place to put in a new element, pop in your picture of the award, save... You are done! The hardest part is over!
    I must say, either I am an excellent teacher (NOT) or you are great with a computer! (Most likely choice)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I feel awards are a recognition for any number of reasons, show it proudly on your sidebar, until you run out of room, that is.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete