17 April 2012

Score at the Second Hand Store!

Actually, I didn't find what I was hoping to find, which was some magical thing to help me organize my sewing/crafting projects.  I'm not sure what exactly I wanted, but they didn't have anything that excited me in that area.

What I did find was some cute fabric.  I hesitated to buy it, since it was a bunch of fabrics put together in a plastic sack and taped up tight.  Kind of a mystery fabric grab bag.  You can see what fabrics are on the outside, but you have no idea how much is there and what lies beneath.  5 dollars for a fabric grab bag seemed kind of high, but I liked the fabric I could see and I have a few skirts in mind for my girls, so I grabbed it.  I'm so glad I did!  Inside the bag was five coordinating prints with plenty of fabric to work with.  There are also two flannel pieces, not my favorite colors or pattern, but I'm sure I can find something fun to do with them.

Now I just have to go buy some more white thread.  I think it's a sin for a sewing lady like me to run out of white thread, but sure enough, halfway through a fun skirt for the little one, the spool ran dry and I can't find any more in the house.  That doesn't mean it's not here, just that I can't find it, which is why I went to the second hand store in the first place.  Must find a way to store projects and supplies so I can find them when I need them.  I did find bright blue and hot pink spools of thread...

3 comments:

  1. A great set of coordinating prints in that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have opened the bag... Lol. So great to see you in my comments today. Thank you for your thoughtful insights. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Nancy, it's that non-confrontational thing I have. :)

      Delete