07 June 2011

Travel Tuesday



Main market area Ochsenfurt.
 At this point in our trip, we started down the touristy Romantic Road.  I went a little crazy for the timber framing on all of the old houses.  I love timber frame building and I want my someday house to have some big timbers in it.
Ochsenfurt

Bridge over a canal.  Marktbreit am Main
 I also went a little crazy for stone arches.  I just love these old buildings.
Timber and stone arch. Marktbreit am Main

Rapunsel did not let down her hair.  Marktbreit.

Iphofen.  Very interesting building.

Arch, timbers and a prancing pony sign.  I couldn't resist.
I love the window boxes.  This was either Creglingen or Roettingen.


Cutest little flower shop.  At this point the husband tried to take the camera away.

I loved this tower thing.  Probably won't do that on my someday house, but it's pretty darn cool.

3 comments:

  1. WOW, that timber thing could almost be too much, huh? Beautiful buildings and stonework!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe they call those pointed roofs, turrets. All of these structures are just gorgeous. I can see why you took so many photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that little flower shop & that tower!! We're going to Germany next summer & I can't wait to see a steet like that :) Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete