28 May 2010

Here we go...

This is my first time blogging! I've never thought that I am interesting enough to post anything about, but lately, I've been wanting to kind of journal my thoughts and experiences and this seemed like a good way to do it.
Some background about me... I grew up as a ranch girl, and now that I'm a mom, I want the same experiences for my children. While many things have changed, and my children probably won't experience the full ranching way of life, the hard working attitude and self-sufficient lifestyle are definitely things I want to pass down. This blog will be my journal of the journey to being self- sufficient.
Gardening is on top of my list of skills to conquer. At 7000 feet in windy Wyoming, growing anything is a challenge, but it can be done, and I want to do it. Then to preserve what I can. I am familiar with canning, but I am learning how to preserve more and working on mastering the pressure canner. (on this note...I was just introduced to Tattler reusable canning lids from Homestead Revival, who is now having a give away, which I am totally entering.) Homemaking skills are also on my list, as well as several other projects. Some are started, some are still in the daydreaming stage...

No comments:

Post a Comment